At Masala Island Indian restaurant on the Gold Coast, we love incorporating authentic spices into our delicious restaurant dishes and Indian take away dishes. One of those yummy spices is Turmeric. Turmeric is a spice that gives curry its brilliant yellow colour but it also does so much more than that! The chefs At Masala Island Indian Restaurant use turmeric every day, but it has been used in traditional Indian cooking and for medicinal purposes for thousands of years.
For a while now scientists have been investigating the health benefits behind certain foods. Recently they have looked into Turmeric’s health benefits, and more and more are being discovered. These days people are putting turmeric in everything from supplements to lattes. So, what are the health benefits for this amazing and delicious superfood?
These Are Just Some Of The Reasons Why Masala Island Indian Restaurant Loves Using Turmeric
- Turmeric has excellent medicinal properties
- Curcumin (found in turmeric) is a natural anti-inflammatory
- Curcumin (found in turmeric) is saturated with anti-oxidants
- Turmeric can improve brain functions
- Turmeric can lower your chances of brain disease
- Turmeric can lower your chances of heart disease
- Curcumin (found in turmeric) can help arthritis sufferers
- Turmeric can help with depression
- Turmeric can fight against aging
Another great thing about Turmeric is, (depending on allergies and food tolerances) you can incorporate turmeric into your food every single day.
Our customers believe we are the best Indian restaurant on the Gold Coast. This is why at Masala Island Indian Restaurant, we pride ourselves on using authentic spices like turmeric, that taste delightful and are full of health benefits.
Come and dine in at our beautiful Indian Restaurant on the Gold Coast and see for yourself. You can also order online or call for beautiful Indian take away!